If you are a home-owner and think yourself as DIY fanatic, there is an option of installing an AO Smith electric water heater that you have to do it yourself. Though, it is imperative to keep in mind that if the AO Smith water heater installation seems too complicated or big to do yourself, it is always best to call the Water Heater experts near you.
Finding an Ideal Location
The first thing to make a note of about installing an electric water heater is that it is much simpler to fix than a gas water heater. This is because you would not have to give vent to any gas or deal with any flammable fuels. Another vital thing to consider is where you will be installing a water heater. The AO Smith electric water heater can be situated or fitted almost somewhere in the home. But, make certain that the area is clean and lucid of any wreckage or flammable items.
What You Will Need to Install Electric Water Heater
When you begin to install your water heater, it’s constantly a good thought to have the manufacturer’s advice. Once you come across a mark for the water heater, you will have to level it as you put it in a vertical point for the electric water heater installation. If you have a difficulty finding an appropriate area, just ensure that it’s not in an area where the freezing temperatures can be an issue, such as a garage. Previous to starting working out on your electric water heater, make clear in your mind that you have the following tools:
- Wire strippers
- Pipe cutter
- Teflon tape or pipe joint compound
- Garden hose for draining
- Electrical conduit
- Plastic twist caps
Quick Tips That Make a Difference
You can install your water heater at that place where you will have enough access for the future repairs. Memorize to also lock up any water or electricity earlier than the installation. The Teflon tape will be utilized to make tight seals round the pipes. This will stop the leaks. You can attach the water lines directly to your hot and cold water at the top of the water heater. These pipes will typically be prepared with the PVC materials, based upon your piping structure. You can fix the shutoff control device towards the end of the cold-water line. Ensure that the shutoff valve is not placed between the expansion tank and the water heater. Next, put in the temperature and pressure release valve close to the floor not beyond six inches away from the ground. You can fix the power lines to the heater’s connection box as soon as you’re completed setting up the water supply. This can be originated at the top of water heater. Ensure that you follow the directions found on the water-heater’s electrical drawing. To close the job, you will have to load the tank with water. You can resolve the hot water valve on for about two minutes to clear any air in the waterline.
How to install an AO Smith Electric water heater?
- Read the written installation information, including all of the safety cautions, previous to start.
- Check the water-heater’s data plate and guarantee that the home’s energy, wiring size, and circuit breaker are accurate for this water heater. Make sure that wire-sizes, type, and links meet the terms with local codes.
- Fit an appropriate drain pan that is piped to an ample drain. Fix the drain so the water level is restricted to a maximum deepness of 1-3/4″. Set the water heater in the drain pan, taking care not to spoil the drain pan.
- Confirm that there is sufficient access and space round the water heater for future upholding. Set up the Temperature and Pressure Relief regulator.
- Fit the discharge pipe. This pipe should be at least 3/4” surrounded by diameter and inclined for proper drainage. Then mount a manual shutoff control device in the cold water line that provisions the water heater. Fix the shutoff control device near the water heater so that it can be easily reached. For no difficulty of removing the water heater for service, make use of compression fixtures to attach the water pipes. If you are soldering copper pipes, employ dielectric unions to link the pipes to the water heater.
- Incise both of the water pipes, but leave them a little longer than the extent. Fix the compression fittings on both water lines and tauten. Use pipe joint composite or plumber’s tape on the threaded links only. Join the cold water supply by a 3/4″ NPT threaded adapter to the vent link on the water heater marked as C (COLD).
- Hook up the hot-water supply using a 3/4″ NPT fibered adapter to the outlet link on the water heater marked “H” (HOT). Check out the Water Pipes.
Ensure that the home’s warm and frosty water pipes are linked to the accurate hot and cold water fixtures on the water heater. Switch ON the cold water supply and load the tank. Take away the aerator at the adjacent hot water valve. This permits any remains in plumbing system to be cleaned out of the pipes.
Of all water heater choices obtainable in the market nowadays, an electric water heater is probable to be the most reasonable option when it comes to upfront price. Prominently, the cost will mostly depend upon the size and sort of water heater, in spite of the fuel utilized to power it. For example, traditional tank water heaters are less exclusive, whilst tankless, on-demand water systems tend to be pricier upfront. Normally speaking, the price difference between the types of hot water heaters is mainly the outcome of the cost of fitting. Gas water heater installation needs extra piping and a new aeration system to vent the drain coming from the ignition procedure. On the other hand, electric water heaters do not need this additional in-home infrastructure, so the installation procedure is both simpler and faster.
whoah this blog is fantastic i love studying your articles. Keep up the great work! You realize, a lot of people are hunting round for this information, you can help them greatly.
This house looks excellent!
This house looks really good!
Neat blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download
it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would
really make my blog shine. Please let me know where you got your theme.